I was checking out other great Texas bloggers today, in honor of SOCIAL MEDIA DAY 2015. I bet you didn't even know that there was such a thing?! Another frivolous fact I bring to you, my friends!
Marcy from Saddle Up for 2nd Grade is part of a group called the Weekend Warriors. They are a group of bloggers who share monthly education tips and tricks! This past weekend, they shared their 3-2-1 Teacher Bio and 65 other bloggers linked up. I am still learning all of the amazing things you can do with blogs, so bare with me! This should give you some personal insight into me and my classroom!
1. You will often find piles of papers in my classroom. I am not disorganized. I just have no time to put them away as I am always on my feet monitoring students or working in small groups.
2. I love bright colors in my classroom and on my body! You may remember my word wall from this past school year (See photo below)! My mom used to buy my sister and I bright colored outfits too. I was THE GIRL in the orange shirt and short combination on school picture day! I was THE GIRL in the flower-patterned dress for her First Holy Communion! (Luckily, I selected my own wedding dress so it was white! WHEW!)
3. I am a standards-based teacher. Want to be my friend? FOLLOW THE STANDARDS! I love tried-and-true activities, but if they do not match the standards, I will not be participating. This is the first lesson my colleagues learn each year. Laura is the rule follower. I am not ashamed. I do not mind if you choose not to follow the rules (just please shut your door.) :-)
1. I have a strong feeling of love and loyalty for my family. I love my husband of two years, who has been my best friend of six years. He keeps me centered, focused, and loved. He is committed, tender, and so intelligent...handsome as all get out too! I am so blessed to have a loving helpmate (he secretly follows my blog...I love you, honey.)
I love the family to which I was given! My mother and father are a beautiful example that love is the greatest of all things. My big brother is an excellent example of selflessness, always making sacrifices for his family (wife and 5-year-old daughter) around his crazy shiftwork hours. My little sister is such and admirable mother of two adorable boys (4 month old and 2-year-old) and wife of a husband who travels for work.
In addition to loving my family, I am also devoted to preserving my family's history. I enjoy recording family stories of the past.
2. I serve a big and faithful God and through Him I have been able to use my gifts and talents to achieve all that I dreamed of in my career. My career dream was being an instructional specialist which I achieved last year. I decided to go back to the classroom this year and have a larger impact on a small group of students and their families. I want to continue living out my vocation as a teacher.
My bucket list mostly consists of traveling, since I am not much of a dare devil (cautious, call me cautious). I would love to able to travel to Poland and soak up the culture, food, and music. We are very much a Polish family! My dad plays polkas on his accordion and we love to make and eat Polish dishes. It's probably genetic that I like bright colors too...have you seen Polish art? Beautiful!
I hope this enlightens you a little more on la vida de Laura (the life of Laura). I had fun sharing.
Happy Googling (Polish Art...haha)!